Seven things to know about Pampelle:
- Ruby-red: The hero of this complex aperitif is the Star Ruby Red Grapefruit, responsible for its sweetly bitter disposition.
- Grown in Corsica: Our grapefruits are handpicked from the sun drenched, French island of Corsica, nestled in the idyllic Mediterranean Sea.
- Distilled three ways: Our grapefruits are halved and macerated at length until full extraction occurs. To enhance the natural citrus aromas, we distill a portion of the grapefruit maceration through copper pot stills. Our rubies are pressed and reduced until they become a deep, velvety red.
- Citrus infused: We separately macerate high quality citrus peels, sourced from around the world including Yuzu from Japan, Cedrat from France and Bigarade from Haiti.
- Blended with Botanicals: Batches are blended with Cinchona tree bark quinine, natural Gentian bitters and our signature Eaude-Vie, made from grapes that have been fermented and distilled through column stills.
- Refined in Cognac: Pampelle is refined on the banks of the River Charente in Cognac where every bottle is stamped with the seal of a Damselfly, a protected native species.
- Bitter-sweet but not sugary: Pampelle is 30% naturally lower in sugar than other leading Spirit Aperitifs.
Pampelle is fantastic and versatile to mix in cocktails. Signature cocktails include:
- Pampelle Spritz: 2 parts Pampelle, 3 parts Prosecco, 1 part Soda Water, add plenty of ice, garnish with a slice of Ruby Red Grapefruit.
- Ruby Rose: 1 part Pampelle, 3 parts Dry Rosé, 1 part Soda Water, add plenty of ice, garnish with a wedge of Ruby Red Grapefruit.
- French Negroni: 1 part Pampelle, 1 part Gin, 1 part Vermouth Blanc (sweet)