What you heard about Pampelle? Taste the artisanal contradiction of bitter-sweet citrus & natural botanicals.
Seven things to know about Pampelle:
- Ruby-red: The hero of this complex aperitif is the Star Ruby Red Grapefruit, responsible for its sweetly bitter disposition.
- Grown in Corsica: Our grapefruits are handpicked from the sun drenched, French island of Corsica, nestled in the idyllic Mediterranean Sea.
- Distilled three ways: Our grapefruits are halved and macerated at length until full extraction occurs. To enhance the natural citrus aromas, we distill a portion of the grapefruit maceration through copper pot stills. Our rubies are pressed and reduced until they become a deep, velvety red.
- Citrus infused: We separately macerate high quality citrus peels, sourced from around the world including Yuzu from Japan, Cedrat from France and Bigarade from Haiti.
- Blended with Botanicals: Batches are blended with Cinchona tree bark quinine, natural Gentian bitters and our signature Eaude-Vie, made from grapes that have been fermented and distilled through column stills.
- Refined in Cognac: Pampelle is refined on the banks of the River Charente in Cognac where every bottle is stamped with the seal of a Damselfly, a protected native species.
- Bitter-sweet but not sugary: Pampelle is 30% naturally lower in sugar than other leading Spirit Aperitifs.
Pampelle is fantastic and versatile to mix in cocktails. Signature cocktails include:
- Pampelle Spritz: 2 parts Pampelle, 3 parts Prosecco, 1 part Soda Water, add plenty of ice, garnish with a slice of Ruby Red Grapefruit.
- Ruby Rose: 1 part Pampelle, 3 parts Dry Rosé, 1 part Soda Water, add plenty of ice, garnish with a wedge of Ruby Red Grapefruit.
- French Negroni: 1 part Pampelle, 1 part Gin, 1 part Vermouth Blanc (sweet)
Vecchio Amaro Del Capo Riserva
A symbolic product from Calabria, is the herb-based liqueur Vecchio Amaro Del Capo, produced by Distilleria Caffo. Vecchio Amaro Del Capo uses the essence of an ancient calabrese recipe, further processed and improved with experience acquired over four generations of the Caffo family.
Vecchio Amaro del Capo is made with a mix of herbs, flowers, fruits and roots, sourced from the generous land in Calabria, infused with the finest alcohol. The 29 herbs used include bitter orange, sweet orange, liquorice, mandarin, camomile and juniper, creating a delicate and aromatic taste that adapts well to more delicate palates (even those who are not used to bitter drinks).
Amaro del Capo ‘Riserva’ is made with the same ingredients as Amaro del Capo with the unique addition of very high quality Italian brandy. The brandy is aged by the Caffo family in oak barrels for many years (and under the strict control of the Italian authorities).
The Amaro del Capo ‘Riserva’ remains for six months in oak barrels before being bottled. (Since 2015, a limited quantity of bottles are produced using a different brandy selected Caffo’s Master Distiller). Each bottle has a unique label stating the age of the brandy and a unique batch production number.
The current Amaro del Capo Riserva has been mixed with a 1969 aged Italian brand and contains 37.5% alcohol. It should be enjoyed at room temperature, sipped slowly. The Amaro de Capo Riserva has been produced to celebrate 100 years of Distilleria Caffo (1915-2015). It was produced for the first time in 2015 and in limited quantity.